Menu
Smogmonster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Bereavement stress

With my help, my Dad signed up for a broadband & phone package at the end of March this year & services were installed in early April. He chose a package with an 18 month reduced bundle charge contract. 

Unfortunately, Dad died suddenly on May 27th, so last week once we had death certificates etc I filled out the form to transfer the account to my Mother, as she is remaining at the family home. 

Give the team their due, everything has switched over within 7 days, however, the bundle charge has changed to full price, there is an additional charge for package changes, and an outstanding charge for a previous bill with no breakdown. Even if we accept the outstanding charge is accurate & take that out of the question she is faced with a bill of over £86 instead of £27, for the privilege of her husband dying and her wanting to remain connected to the outside world.

I am handling most things as, as well as grieving for her husband, my Mum also has Parkinson's however I am aware that as I am not the account holder, a call handler will not speak to me... What are my options?

The death of. Parent and the ensuing paperwork and stress is hard enough to deal with without this.

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Bereavement stress

Hi @Smogmonster,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am very sorry for your loss, please accept my sincere condolences. 

I will need to access the account in order to advise the best way forward, so I will pop you a PM now to request some details and we can take it from there.

Speak soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bereavement stress

Hi @Smogmonster

Thanks very much for speaking with me via PM. 

I am glad we could get this sorted for you 🙂

Feel free to reach out if you have any other concerns. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide