cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement - Account transfer issues

thegenuineluke
Joining in

Hi everyone,

My apologies for the longer post, but I'm having some issues relating to a Bereavement account transfer into my name.

My Father who was the account holder for our households Virgin Media package has passed away last month and so I have used the VM Account Transfer form in order to move the account and it's package into my name.

I had emailed off the account transfer form, stating I would like for the account to be moved into my name, I have provided my email address & desirable password as requested of me alongside my banking details for direct debit.

The VM Bereavement team had replied to me on the 27/02/2023 confirming that I may have noticed a short interuption while the package was being transferred to myself and that the "We can confirm the package and its price has remained the same".

However, today as of the 03/03/2023 I received my new contract within the post and found that my Father's pricing deal (his VM Package was around £57 per month) had not carried through, and that my contracted monthly charge would be £136 beginning from 27/03.

Additionally, I also cannot log into my VM account using the credentials which I provided to VM on the account transfer form (such as my email address & provided password). However, I can still sign into my deceased Father's VM account on which shows my banking account details & name, rather than his own. I also cannot view the contract on his account as it states "Unfortunately we don't have a digital copy of your current contract" "This may be because your contract dates back to before 2018 or you requested paper." when my Father has always opted for eBilling.

I have attempted to register for a new account using the details I provided and as prompted on the letter I received "Register for My Virgin Media", however as the VM account number has remained the same, I am always redirected back to my Fathers account rather than being able to register my own.

Any help at all relating to:

1). Why has the pricing changed, or would my Fathers contract offer remain in place for myself.

2). Why can I still access my Fathers account, but the log-in credentials I provided on the account transfer form not be accessible for registering, as the VM account number has remained the same.

Any advice would be great please as I am a bit distressed in receiving a contract which includes a bill that is over twice the amount which my Father was paying previously.

Thank you,

TGLuke

2 REPLIES 2

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @thegenuineluke 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry for your loss and for the trouble that has been caused with this account transfer, this is not at all what we would want for you and we are so sorry for any further stress caused. 

I would like to take a closer look into this with you via a PM so we can see what has happened and try to resolve this. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

thegenuineluke
Joining in

Hello Chrisk4,

My apologies for responding on your solved post, but please may I ask you whether this resolution was a simple fix for yourself?

I'm encountering the exact same issues as yourself (My Father passed earlier in Feb) and even though I've filled out a Bereavement account transfer form, my Dad's account is still active but with my banking details applied, and the new email address I provided for an account hasn't been set up either.

I've also received a contract through the post which looks to be my Dads full billing price, rather than his discounted version.

I've also raised this here, and while somebody is looking into my issue, it's been days now and doesn't seem to be a timely resolution at this rate. I just wanted to check whether this was something of an easy fix for you, as I'm getting a bit worried now for my own issues.

Thank you,