cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being told off for "not paying" my final bill even though the Direct Debit payment date is 3 days away

dmb788
Joining in

I left Virgin on 30th June. On 5th July I got a final bill for £11.49 and it said the direct debit would take that money out of my account on 23 July. Ok, no problem. Today I get an email saying: "Your latest Virgin Media bill is now ready and waiting for you online. An amount is still owing from last month, and you'll need to take immediate action to avoid any further action." The direct debit date for that is 9th August.

The thing is, when I go online to pay the bill before the direct debit date there is literally no option anywhere to do that. So how am I supposed to "take immediate action"? I don't understand why I'm being hassled when I was told the money would automatically be taken out of my account on 23 July. This is just unacceptable. Should I just wait 3 days for the money to leave my account or will I be charged extra fees for waiting? 

dmb788_0-1626781174822.png

dmb788_1-1626781196483.png

2 REPLIES 2

dmb788
Joining in

After a few hours of searching I finally found a page letting me make a one off payment. I payed the £11.49 and I will now be cancelling the direct debit so no unnecessary payments go out of my account. I am posting a screenshot for future reference in case Virgin tries to mess be around and claim I haven't paid my final bill. 

evidence.PNG

Hi dmb788,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear that you've now left us, best of wishes with your new provider.

Looking at the screenshots you've provided, it sounds like the charges that were on your final bill were actually 'left over' unpaid charges from your previous bill that have rolled over onto the final bill, hence the warning to pay a payment before the due date. However I do appreciate this is slightly confusing so it's something we'll feedback to be reviewed. 

I'm pleased to hear you were able to get this sorted in the end and make the payment online. If you need help with anything else just let us know 🙂

Beth

Beth