Menu
notsofaraway
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Being threatened to be charged for the kit I HAVE returned

Hi

With the beggining of October I've let you know that I'll be moving away to another city on 29.10 and need to terminate my contract around then. Everything has seemed to be going fine and I was supposed to receive the return packaging to deliver the modem back to you, it was supposed to come in like 2 weeks so I would have enough time to handle that.. But no, the kit never arrived and since I didn't feel like paying you £40 for nothing, on the day before I moved out I went to the nearest VM store in Coventry and asked what am I supposed to do with this problem. I was told that I can just leave the kit with them and the situation will be handled.. So I did and of course it wasn't, I still regularly receive texts/emails with threats from you that I'll have to pay £40. Even after I've called you a few weeks ago and the lady that I spoke with (btw calling you is an absolute nightmare, your automatic service just doesn't detect the key presses no matter on what phone I call and it really makes me angry as it takes ages to contact you because of that..) confirmed that you have received my kit and it should all be sorted with no more emails, charges, anything. This company is impossible and absolutely unprofessional.. Ever since I ordered to have the broadband connected which took you 2 MONTHS!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being threatened to be charged for the kit I HAVE returned

Hi notsofaraway, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy 

I'm sorry to hear that you are still receiving notifications about returning the equipment. 

Checking the account, nothing is showing as being received for you. 

As you returned this to a store, I've sent an email over to the Equipment Returns team to see if they can chase this. 

Did the store give you any kind of receipt or anything to show they had the equipment? 

Let us know.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
notsofaraway
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, thank you for your response. I have received nothing sadly, the employee at your Coventry centre store has just scanned the modem and said I don't have to worry about it anymore. Also when I called you a couple of weeks ago I was told that it's all sorted and I shouldn't receive any more emails about it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi notsofaraway, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you Smiley Happy 

The team have come back to me today and advised they have cancelled the charges relating to the non return of equipment on the account for you. 

If there is any balance then you will still need to pay this as this will relate to your account Smiley Happy

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
notsofaraway
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, great to hear that. Thanks for help and Merry Christmas!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos