Menu
De210476
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Being referred to a debt collector

My last payment should have been taken by direct debit which was still set up. Not received any emails or letters to say payment had not been taken. Virgin media without my knowledge referred my case to a debt collector. Received an email from the debt collector saying payment is due now. I called virgin media and paid the balance straight away. After 2 months the debt collector still has had no correspondence from virgin to say it has been paid. I’ve contacted virgin media’s complaints department and still have had no response to deal with this matter. I’m not happy at all as this will effect my credit file. This was not my error 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being referred to a debt collector

There's always 2 sides to situations such as this, so I may be off-base with these comments but...

@De210476 wrote:

Received an email from the debt collector saying payment is due now. I called virgin media and paid the balance straight away.

Once a debt collection agency is involved, it means the original company has sold the debt. Payment in this situation should have been made to the DCA, not VM. There's something odd about how VM were able to accept the payment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being referred to a debt collector

Hello @De210476.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see this has happened.

I would love to help you further regarding this, I will send you a private message so I can locate the account in question.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos