Menu
Originalchalky
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Being ignored

hi,I have raised a complaint and been promised calls and have contacted virgin media on numerous occasions but I keep getting told the call will happen and have been given times when it should happen but seems like I am being lied to all the time.I always ask the call centre to call me back if the call drops and they say yes but never call.I have come to the conclusion that this is just a game and my issues are not being taken seriously but my money is always taken.bunch of jokers as far as I’m concerned and I will tell anybody else ho asks my opinion of this company to swerve it as they don’t deserve any more !

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being ignored

Hi Originalchalky,

sorry to see you are having problems.

Having worked in a call centre for may years I can understand why you aren't receiving a callback if the call drops.

The agent won't have any time to respond and go to an outside line because as soon as one call ends the IVR diverts a call straight to the next available agent, which will be the one that had the dropped call.

If you tell us what your problem(s) are, apart from not receiving promised call backs we may be able to help.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Brickwall2020
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Originalchalky

If I were you, I would be extremely wary of having your complaint dealt with via a phone conversation.  Things can get misinterpreted and confused during a conversation - and to say that VM customer services always give themselves the benefit of the doubt would be an understatement.  My advice is to insist that they deal with your complaint by email or letter, then you will have clear evidence in writing, should you have to resort to a CISAS complaint (which you probably will).

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Orignalchalky,

If you decide to use the letter method, as @Brickwall2020 can confirm, make sure you use the correct "business" contact address.

Nothing like a sore customer who thinks they know it all.

Also as  already pointed out to that customer in other posts, VM do not have a customer facing email address, so don't try that method.

My advice is to use the phone option (albeit not all you could hope for due to long waits and as you discovered the lack of promised callbacks) or post your problems here on the forums to see what can be advised to help your goodself.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Brickwall2020
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Nothing like a sore customer who thinks they know it all.

VM do not have a customer facing email address

Really? Because when I logged in and filled out the customer complaints form on the VM site, it gave me the options of being contacted by VM by phone, letter or EMAIL - and the same form asks for your email address.  So, either you’re mistaken or VM are lying.  Mind you, we are talking about the same company that does not allow you to close your account (or even ask) via your online account and which returns any balance on your account by cheque (apparently months after your account closure), so absolutely nothing would surprise me about this ridiculous outfit.

And, yes, I am a sore customer, which so far, this company and its small band of apologists have done nothing to assuage.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Don't blame VM shortcomings (of which like any company there are few) for your own failure to use the correct contact method in the first instance.

As to the refund, " by cheque (apparently months after your account closure)"   If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

The fantastic Royal Mail may take longer to deliver the cheque, but I wouldn't expect it to take another 15/16 days which equate to 2 months( VM fault or Royal mail?).  Are you going to slam Royal mail forums next for the lethargic postal deliveires?

Dave

0 Kudos
Brickwall2020
Dialled in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Originalchalky

So, just to clarify (amid the flannel) you can ask to be contacted by email about your complaint to VM.

benga1875
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

been waiting since the 17th september constantly told they will call but just a complete lie

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Originalchalky, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you've not heard back regarding your complaint and i can appreciate you're keen to get things sorted. 

May I ask what your complaint is about and we'll see if we can advise further from here?

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Originalchalky
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VM are really making my life difficult as if that was not enough with what is going on in the world today,nobody calls back ,staff tell you what you want to hear and to be honest I would not take my foot off VM and it’s staff if they were drowning,never heard so much flannel In my life

0 Kudos