Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Being charged for a netflix account I don't have

I received an email today stating that my payments to netflix subscription through Virginmedia have been confirmed.  

I don't have a Netflix account.  The email states that if I did not ask for this or wish to cancel I will need to sign into my account!  I don't have an account and did not request this.  I have tried to contact Virginmedia, but after waiting for 40 minutes I was cut off.  Now I can't speak to anyone until tomorrow.

Has anyone else had this happen, and how was it resolved?  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Being charged for a netflix account I don't have

Managed to get through to VM this morning.  They said it was an error and cancelled it.  Have now received a contract to sign for my new Netflix service!

Been hanging on the phone now for over 30 mins!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi totallyfedup45, thank for getting in touch.

I'm sorry you encountered this problem, but glad our teams were able to get things sorted for you.

If there's anything else we may be able to assist with please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I’d check with your bank to ensure a DD hasn’t been set up in your name.
It may be someone has mis-typed their email address & it happens to match yours or it may be a scam email, ensure you’re calling VM direct & not via a link in the email.

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

Not exactly sorted out yet!  Finally spoke to someone who said that the payment had indeed been cancelled and he would send an email confirming this.  Still have not received this.  

Sue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anankha

Thanks.  Have checked with bank and nothing so far, but will keep checking for next few weeks. 

Sue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom

I've just checked the contract on VM.  Was previously listed as starting on 10th August to include Netflix, unsigned.  Now it's starting on 10th August, including Netflix, accepted!

I have not accepted anything.  

So obviously not sorted then. 

Sue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Just been cut off by VM.  Contacted Netflix.  There is another email address linked to my VM account that I know nothing about.  It appears that it's possible that someone has been given an old box by VM and it's still linked to my account.  Otherwise it's a very good scam, because apparently there is no way that Netflix can be linked to my account without them actually signing up on my VM box.  They've been stopped by Netflix, but apparently I have already been billed for their first month's use.  There is also nothing to stop them from doing it again.  

Now hanging on the phone again for VM

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

If you’re no longer a VM customer but still have their direct debit set up on your bank account then I would remove it from your bank details so that it cannot be used/reactivated by someone using your box.
I would also contact your bank & dispute the charge.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Still a customer.

0 Kudos