cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being added as authorised

Yudansha
Tuning in

I have tried multiple times to be added as an authorised user on the account, each time we speak with a representative we are told that this has been done but then the next time I ring up if I am on my own I get the same message that I am not the account holder and we cannot process any further without her. I manage all dealings with virgin, but the account that the bill came comes out of is my wife's. We have been asking for this for years.

3 REPLIES 3

Vinegar
Up to speed

I'm not 100% sure this is even a thing that VM offer, at least not officially. As far as I am aware there is one and only one 'account holder' and they are the only people that VM will engage with. I believe the only way around this is if you get Power of Attorney over your wife's affairs, in which case VM are obliged to deal with you as if you were her.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Yudansha 

As per @Vinegar if you have POA of your wifes finances and provide those details to VM then you can be added to the account as an authority to make changes.

As it stands you can't make any changes to the account such as cancelling or regrading, that would need your wifes (the account holders) permission.  You should though be able to report a fault if there were problems with the VM services, ie phone, broadband or TV.

If you are wanting to make changes or cancel then your wife would need to engage with the VM agent and pass verification.

She could then authorise you to talk on her behalf and discuss the account (it would be for that call only) and if any changes were agreed to be made then you would need to pass the phone back to your wife for her to confirm to the agent that she agree to the proposed changes.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Yudansha 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

We do not have that option I'm afraid. Are you or have you a POA for the existing account holder?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill