cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been missold contract

SHOUTINGPIRATE
On our wavelength

Not so sure if this is the correct board so please tell me if not. 

I got an offer to go to Gig1, which I agreed to and got a new contract through outlining the price and package of Gig1. I can attach if required but I sure if best way to do it without personal details. 

Fast forward a few hours and I got an email saying my package of Gig1 will enabled on the 11th, today. Fast forward again and sure enough my Internet goes out today and comes back with an increase speed, but only 500. I reboot my router and test directly hardwired and still only 500mb. I then get an email from Virgin stating the change over is completed but is for m500, not Gig1. Even though I started a new contract and signed against Gig1. 

So I contact support and they just say "sorry, we can't match this." And pass me over to Retention. What is being matched? It is an offer directly from Virgin, where I'm already an existing customer, why is it a price match? Also, I agreed and signed to a contract of Gig1 that Virgin confirmed was being installed today. 

Everytime I interact with Virgin the service gets worse and just get palmed off after waiting for ages. 

Please can someone help as to why I have moved to m500 despite the agreed Gig1, why I am paying the same price for m500 that I was Gig1 and what to do aside from going through Retentions?! 

TIA. 

8 REPLIES 8

SHOUTINGPIRATE
On our wavelength

Following on from this my speed seems to have now gone back to m350 speeds... I am very confused at this point and have been on chat for about 1.5 hours now. 

If you log into the VM hub you can see the speed your hub has been provisioned for as per image below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/New-upload-speed-105mb/td-p/5338628...

in the section 'Primary Downstream Service Flow'>>'Max Traffic Rate'

The above example is showing 1230000450 for a gigabit connection

You need a Hub 4 or 5 for a gigabit connection.

Bungled VM 'offers' which do not turn out as described get regular mentions on the forums. You'll need one of the VM forum team to advise.

You are unlikely to get a reply from the VM forum team here in 'Community Natter'. Someone might move your topic to 'Management - Cable' where you should get a VM reply.

Edit: Topic now moved

Thank you very much for the in-depth reply. I will confirm settings on hub, believe I have a 4 now so should be good for Gig1. 

I will wait for a VM member to pick this up. 

Hi Shoutingpirate.

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear of the confusion over your new contract deal offered.

Although we do not deal with package changes or new contract deals from our community forums in these circumstances, we can certainly investigate to see what has happened. 

Before we invite you in for a private chat, can we ask how you did the upgrade? Was this through your online account or we're you sent an email with the deal offered.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

Thank you for your message, the upgrade was done via an offer sent over email. I have the documents and emails showing the offer, agreed terms and confirmation.

Thanks for coming back to us SHOUTINGPIRATE,

I will pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Update on this after getting new hub, seems I am getting the Gig1 speed now:

SHOUTINGPIRATE_0-1697556536355.png

Thank you

Hey @SHOUTINGPIRATE,

Glad to hear the new Hub has resolved your issue, if you do have any future queries please do reach out.

Joe