Menu
j4jack
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Been made redundant and need to cancel services

Hi, I've been made redundant and need to significantly reduce all my outgoings - Currently paying £53.50 per month for Broadband and home telephone, realised its too expensive - I don't even have a home phone anymore and threw it in the bin years ago!! Planning on just using my 02 phone for mail and slow internet for a while...

I'm out of contract with Virgin, can i just cancel my direct debit ?

Thanks,

Jack

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been made redundant and need to cancel services

You will often find that, with bundle discounts, it's cheaper to have a package with the phone line than without, but all the same.

Cancelling your D/D will not cancel your contract and lead to all sorts of issues down the line - you do need to give VM 30days notice to cancel.

The easiest way is normally by phone - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from any other phone) and choose the options for "thinking of leaving us"

You can also give notice by post, if calling in isn't practical for whatever reason - the 30days notice will only count from when VM receive your letter. Hence calling probably being easier.

Good luck with everything.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos