cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been charged twice last month - how to get refund?

laurent2222
Tuning in

I've changed my direct debit details last month, and before doing so I've made a manual payment for the current bill. The problem, is that they've charged me again at the usual date via direct debit, so I've ended up paying twice.

I've tried opening a complain but didn't get an answer.

I've tried calling them, but they ask for letters of my password, so I've provided those of my account, but I think they expect some special security password, which I don't know how to get.

Any idea how I can get a refund for this?

30 REPLIES 30

Welcome to the community @conorcrossey and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

You're very welcome @conorcrossey and please let us know, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hey! I am facing the same issue. Can you please help me?

Hi there @Kritika 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have also faced this issue regarding your bill, can I just confirm that this is not your first bill? 

Thank you

Thank you so much for your reply! This isn’t my first bill but I recently changed my auto payment card.

No problem thank you for confirming @Kritika

I'm going to pop you a PM now so we can take a look and get this resolved for you, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again

RossY89
Joining in

Good Morning,

I’ve encountered the same issue, paid my bill manually 2 weeks ago and the direct debit has come out today. 
How do I request a refund please?

Thank you.

Hi @RossY89,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been charged for the same bill twice. From what you've explained, it sounds like you made a manual payment when the Direct Debit request had already been made to the bank. This tends to happen a few working days before the payment is then taken and can't be reversed once it's happened.

If one of the disputed payments was made via Direct Debit then I'd recommend contacting your bank and filing an indemnity claim if you can. These are part of the Direct Debit Guarantee and can help you to refund a Direct Debit payment almost instantly.

Let us know how you get on and if you need further assistance we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Amckea1
Joining in

Hi,

I have had a similar issue. My direct debit didn't go through last month, so I paid manually two days later. I have now been charged double this month on my direct debit for broadband.

Please can a refund be arranged.

Many thanks.

Hi Amckea1,

Thanks for using the Community Forums to get this issue with your bills looked into, I am sorry for the confusion this caused 😥 I would be more than happy to look into this for you!

We may not be able to refund the amount, we can add a credit that will go towards the next bill in order to reimburse you. First though we need to take a look at your billing to make sure everything is correct 😊

I'll send you a private message now so we can get this checked for you!

Speak soon, 

Megan_L