Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Be wary of upgrading

I had a full house tv and 150 broadband package..  saw on the website that I could upgrade my broadband to 350 for just £2 extra a month.   Yay I thought, so went ahead.   After a few days, my broadband did increase to 350 which was nice.   Today, my youngest son tried to watch cartoon network.. "you need a subscription"   same of other kids channels.

Virgin arbitrarily updated my tv package to something called "maxxit" without asking.  The package doesn't come with kids channels..  but you can buy it for £5 extra a month.   given I'm spending £90 a month already, I thought sod that for a game of soldiers..  and started chatting to virgin on the website at 1:15pm today..   first support said that they couldn't revert my tv because the full house doesn't exist anymore..  and transferred me to a different department..   who basically said the same, but then transferred me to the department who upgraded me in the first place..    who offered me a 'deal' to get what I wanted for a cheaper price, but, after 12 months it would then start costing me more than I was paying now (though I had to ask that as it wasn't volunteered).   so I declined and asked to be put back on the old package..  which, although some support are saying isn't available, he was able to do..   though he did just reset my internet without warning.. which annoyed the hell out of my oldest son who was online in a university course lecture.   All that took over 4 hours in chat to do.

So now I'm back on my old package..  so beware upgrading..  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Be wary of upgrading

always read the contracts. Its all detailed in them

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos