Menu
Big_Vern_67
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Bad Package upgrade experience and poor customer service, no upgrade but an increased bill

I know we are in the middle of a pandemic but this is is not new news.

Tried to upgrade to the Ultimate Oomph package with a second set top box about three weeks before christmas as all my children would be at home - after a fairly shaky few attempts online and then a more positive call centre experience ( after waiting 40 mins) the installation visit was booked a week before christmas and the engineer turned up without a set top box and said that they could not upgrade the broadband but he would upgrade the existing set top box- after causing my existing wifi to stop working he eventually left with the system in exactly the same state as it was before he arrived, no upgrade of channels. I called the customer service centre and spoke to a very helpful lady who switched on the new channels eventually. However since then no new Wifi, no second box, no engineer installation though I have had a box (quick start?) sent to me without a remote and no engineer visit ( no cabling for a second box) . However I do see that Virgin have started billing me for tyhe full service. Spent two hours on hold, one hour to be told I needed to speak to the special Oomph team and another hour before the phone cut itself off. 

Really dont think I should be paying anything and want to speak to someone to book an engineer and 2 children going to online learning tomorrow and need fastest broadband as I will also be working and communicating with my business overseas. Presently on hold again for 51 minutes so far. Can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad Package upgrade experience and poor customer service, no upgrade but an increased bill

Hi Big_Vern_67,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your upgrade looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

We have had an equipment shortage recently which will be the cause of your issues here, we won't be able to help with this here on the forums, but if you call 0800 052 1734 they will be able to look into this for you. 

As for your bills, I can look into this once you've got your equipment resolved. I won't be able to look into it today as the root cause hasn't been sorted. But once you've got your box, come back to me here and I shall resolve this part of your complaint for you 🙂

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Big_Vern_67
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad Package upgrade experience and poor customer service, no upgrade but an increased bill

Hi Megan,

Thanks for responding, the number you provided did indeed allow me to get through to a real person much more quickly than dialling 150. I have an engineer arriving on Friday which is great however the text I have received suggests they think they are coming to fix something rather than install but this may not be an issue. I have subsequently received an unprompted call from someone from a call centre claiming to be from VM and wanting to move the engineer visit to today however they insisted on requiring password information which I refused on the basis that it could be a scam as they refused to provide the change on line or on text where i can see the source. So the engineer is still coming on Friday. In the meantime I still have this bill which includes an installation charge which needs to be corrected - can you help

KR 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Big_Vern_67

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll PM you now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos