cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport add on

magpieman
On our wavelength

I’ve noticed that I can now add BT Sport to my package on a monthly basis for £15 in my account online, my question is that if I want it just for one month I have to add it and then cancel it almost immediately because they need one month notice is that correct?

Thanks for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi magpieman, 

Thank you for your post! 

You're right - anything like that would need a 30 day notice period to cancel. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi magpieman, 

Thank you for your post! 

You're right - anything like that would need a 30 day notice period to cancel. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

magpieman
On our wavelength

Thank for confirming Ryan. 👍

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all! Have a nice rest of your day 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

vander18
On our wavelength

I? added Bt sport pack yesterday afternoon, and iv'e been tying to cancel ever since to satisfy 30 day requirement, but it's impossible. What's app think I want to cancel my account, and the telephone says my password is incorrect and don't have another security option. 24 hours, I can't afford this amount of time, I haven't even had my first bill yet, and I'm fed up with Virgin already.

Hi @vander18 

Welcome back to the community forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues cancelling BT sports. 

If you're looking to change your package you can call on 0345 454 1111 / 150 or via SMS 0753 305 1809 and WhatsApp on 07305 327 112 our team will be more than happy to perform a package review for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

vander18
On our wavelength

Hi Carley,

it’s easy to add, I have an order number and an activation date. However, it’s impossible to cancel, to conform to the 30 days notice. nobody knows what to do. Also, the telephone agent says my password is wrong and they don’t know how to fix it.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@vander18 wrote:

Hi Carley,

it’s easy to add, I have an order number and an activation date. However, it’s impossible to cancel, to conform to the 30 days notice. nobody knows what to do. Also, the telephone agent says my password is wrong and they don’t know how to fix it.

You say you have the order number and activation date. Is that activation date in the future?

if so you will need to wait until the add on has been activated before you can cancel it

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update the memorable word (account apssword) by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

ok, and what about the 30 days notice?

When logged in click on Account Settings > Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Thanks Dave