forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Brentc
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

BILLING COMPLAINT

Hi

There are no e-mail addresses on line and the call centres are mostly closed. I understand why the call centres are closed with what's going on in the world at the moment.

I cancelled my subscription on 29 February 2020. Virgin have just taken £135 out of my account for the period 30 March - 29 April. Who can I contact to get an immediate refund?

I'm sure they would be contacting me if i owed them money........

Regards

Brent

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: BILLING COMPLAINT

You won’t get an immediate refund.

During the 30 day cancellation period, billing continues as normal.

When the cancellation is complete, you will get a final bill which will advise of any credit and this will be refunded by cheque. The quoted timeframe is 45 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brentc
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ernie

Cheers for the reply.

45 days to get a refund. Shouldn't have expected any more than that.......

Regards

Brent

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Other option is to call bank, get an indemity claim sorted which will get you the cash back same day (saying VM have made an error) - close the DD and then VM will send you s final statement around a week after disconnection - which will show what needs to be refunded or paid.

0 Kudos
Brentc
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Cheers Wez

not really on that I cancelled on the day that they told me to giving the 30 day notice. Then they take money for a month that I'm not with virgin.

They took the money by direct debit so have all my account details so why does it take 30 days for them post out a cheque that takes 15 days to come....... They could pay direct in to my account.

Shocking (lack of) customer care. Like I said previously shouldn't be surprised.....

Thanks again

Brent

0 Kudos
Brentc
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well it's now July and I have heard nothing from virgin and haven't had my £135 refunded from April......

Absolutely disgraceful service from virgin.

No surprise I don't suppose.

Brent

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I can take a further look into your account but would need to do this by private message, so that we can clear account security and confirm your details.

I will drop the private message over in a moment, so that we can get it sorted for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Brentc
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Steven

Still no refund.

Didn't take long for Virgin to take money from my account...... Should be just as quick paying money.

Regards

Brent

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brentc

I am really sorry you've still not gotten your refund.  I would like to look into this further.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your sceen. 

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Brentc
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Still no got my refund for a payment taken out in April. Absolutely disgraceful service from Virgin......May, June, July and half of August I would have expected the refund well before now.....

Just tried an online chat and got cut off. Is anyone at virgin working?

Original post below..... Immediate refund, what was I thinking??

Hi

There are no e-mail addresses on line and the call centres are mostly closed. I understand why the call centres are closed with what's going on in the world at the moment.

I cancelled my subscription on 29 February 2020. Virgin have just taken £135 out of my account for the period 30 March - 29 April. Who can I contact to get an immediate refund?

I'm sure they would be contacting me if i owed them money........

Regards

Brent

0 Kudos