Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BILL BREAKDOWN

Hi, new to this and very quickly losing interest in Virgin and their systems!

Why is it I can no longer breakdown my bill or package charges?

Is this a deceitful charging practice by Virgin?  

Frustrated in Birmingham!

Derek 😉 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BILL BREAKDOWN

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear this. Can you please confirm are you having issues logging into your My VM to see a breakdown of your bill? Or are you looking for a better price on your package?

Thanks

Zoie_P

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree.  Looking back to January I can see that then the bill listed Phone Line rental separately (19GBP).  But now it is all bundled into one price.  Ideally the whole thing would be broken down.  Line Rental, Broadband, TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi alls0rts

The charges will always remain the same. It is just the change that has been made to the bills have been produced. 

Sorry if you are not happy with this.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@alls0rts wrote:

I agree.  Looking back to January I can see that then the bill listed Phone Line rental separately (19GBP).  But now it is all bundled into one price.  Ideally the whole thing would be broken down.  Line Rental, Broadband, TV. 

I would point out that this practice is no longer allowed due to new rules introduced by the telecoms regulator OFCOM. All providers have to give the Broadband price as inclusive of line rental, it cannot be shown seperately on advertising or bills as this was deemed misleading.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What OFCOM has done makes sense for DSL broadband providers. OFCOM also has this to say: "There are some broadband-only packages out there, which don’t include a landline service. But they generally don’t cost less than a broadband and home phone bundle."

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/features-and-news/what-is-line-rental 

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos