cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB conveniently dropped during Cancellation chat?

Tigsteroonie
On our wavelength

Dirty tricks by VM? I had waited 55 minutes in a live chat queue, was finally speaking with somebody to request a cancellation at the end of term. We just get to the point where they say "please stay connected so that I can process the documentation" and - hey presto - my BB disconnects. It's never done that of its own accord previously. 

So now I have to try and use live chat again. Or phone. Either way I'm looking at wasting another hour or more of my own time, when it should be as simple as cancelling Amazon Prime - give us a button that you click to cancel!!!

I shall try again tomorrow. With slightly less patience than today.

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you simply wish to cancel, with no further negotiation or discussion with VM …

You can cancel your services by post as per info below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/cancel-virgin-media

Use a first-class, signed-for delivery service. This will give you a date/time of delivery when you gave VM your 30 days’ notice to cancel. Also keep a record of the tracking number.

If you cancel during a minimum term period VM may charge you early disconnection fees.

You can share your unhappy cancellation experience with OFCOM.

They launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.

Tigsteroonie
On our wavelength

Having now read a previous similar situation, I've submitted the request as a Complaint. I shouldn't have to waste my own time to repeat the experience when it was their own service failure that stopped me following due process.

Hey @Tigsteroonie,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about your issue and that you are wanting to leave us.

I'm aware you've stated your broadband disconnects, can you clarify from this do you have any lights on your Hub? You may also want to check via the Connect app as this would advise if you are still actively connected.

Joe

Tigsteroonie
On our wavelength

No, the whole point was that our BB doesn't generally disconnect - but it did at the crucial point of a lengthy live chat where I was instructing my cancellation. And I was commenting that it seemed highly coincidental.

No matter. The cancellation has successfully gone through. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for sharing more on this and for confirming we've resolved your issues and processed your cancellation request successfully, Tigsteroonie.

Although we're sorry to see you go, we're glad to know you've completed the communication with our team and we've actioned your enquiry.
We're also sure the service issue experienced with your connection while on the chat to raise your request, has been simply a coincidence.

Again, thanks for getting in touch and please feel free to come back to our forums if you need more help or advice in the future.
We'll be eager to help!

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs