Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Awful bereavement service - Heeeeelp!

Hi all,

My father in law sadly passed away from Covid-19 some weeks ago. My mother in law has been in touch with Virgin media on several occasions to get their Virgin Media broadband / tv / phone account transferred into her name. On the first occasion, she spoke with the bereavement team at VM, and things seemed to be sorted, however she was still getting letters from VM threatening to cut off her service as the bill isn't being paid (as my Father in law's accounts were frozen by the bank when they were notified of his death).

She phoned VM today as she is still unable to access the account, but (from the description I received) was passed from operator to operator, some of whom (rather insensitively) kept asking to speak to the main account holder (they can't - he's dead!), and was told that the bereavement team hadn't transferred the account over (as they said they had), and none of whom could resolve the transfer of account. She was told to keep using her late husband's details to access the account instead. This experience has understandably left her extremely distressed and upset, and worried that her service and main means of contact during lockdown will be cut off.

Can anyone on the community let me know how she can navigate through the muppetry to get this account transfer actioned?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful bereavement service - Heeeeelp!

Hi mikelees

My sincere condolences on the passing of your father in law.  This isn't the way Virgin normally perform and I'm sure one of the  Forum Team will pick this up for you. 

There is a direct number to the bereavement department to see if they can rectify this error. It normally takes around 7 days to complete the account transfer.  0800 952 2302

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So sorry to hear of your loss.
I’ve escalated your problem so you should hear from the mod team soon.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi mikelees,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community.

My condolences for your loss. Have you been able to speak with the Bereavement team?

^Martin

0 Kudos