Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Awful, awful customer service.

I am unhappy with the service I have been given from Virgin. Your colleague Colin our Salesman promised us if we signed up, that our service would be ‘fast tracked’ and installed within a couple of days. We were promised 100mb broadband and the basic TV package with HD sports free for 6 months. This seemed great and we signed up, but almost a month later we have only just got our install done.

I tried to get in touch with Colin on numerous occasions without any response or just getting texts advising, “someone will call you today”. Nobody ever did. I even asked Colin to ask his manager to call me, he said he would, but I never received a call.

This was extremely unhelpful as I have been trying to work from home and was promised by Colin that this would of been installed weeks ago. BT could have installed their services within a couple of days, but with Colin ‘selling us the world’ we decided to go with Virgin instead. It feels like we were told what we wanted to hear so Colin could get a sale.

I tried to call customer services also on several occasions, who also told me an engineer was due that day. It was only when I raised a complaint, on the last call I had the lady on the phone managed to contact the area manager and an engineer was sent to do the cabling work outside.

I was promised Virgin services would be installed on the 31st July, but they were installed on the 24th August. It is not only this, but the sheer lack of customer service on behalf of your sales rep. I was lied to on several occasions. Please give me an email address where I can send the screenshots of our text exchanges. On the text exchanges I was repeatedly told I would get a fast install and the installations team were going to call me that day. As soon as the sale was made your rep was not interested in helping me.

I would like to know what you could do to compensate us for all the trouble we have had over the last month.

I raised this through there normal complaints process, but this is the response I received;

We’ve looked into it – here’s our findings:
I have reviewed your account thoroughly and I see the account is now active since 24th August 2020 and I understand you are looking for compensation and the loss of service is calculated as per Ofcom and the appointment missed as well. In your case, I see there has been work order generated but the account did not lead to any credits. Your first bill might be a little more than your monthly cost shown above. This is because it can include one-off charges from your installation, as well as your first month of service, and your month in advance. Don't worry, after this, your bills will go back to normal. We have also sent you an email to explain all of this information, breaking down your first bill. You can login to virginmedia.com/billexplainer or https://www.virginmedia.com/help as self care assistance. 

Has anyone even read our complaint? That is the worst resolution to a complaint, I've ever seen. It's like nobody has even read my complaint and just copied and pasted a generic response regarding a bill. Absolutely shocking.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Awful, awful customer service.

Hi dancurtisuk, thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had getting the services installed - and the further frustration caused when getting in touch to raise your concerns as well. I can understand the inconvenience this will have caused.

Unfortunately when a premises is deemed serviceable unforeseen problems can crop up which delay the installation of services, compensation for this would be provided automatically based on Ofcom guidelines: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation.

I'm sorry that this wasn't addressed in the initial reply from our complaints teams, however if you remain unhappy with the resolution provided in that letter we'd need you to follow the steps in that letter to proceed with the escalation process (as per: virg.in/ccop) please keep us posted with how that progresses and we'll support you as best we can from here. 

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom,

I fully understand that. However, it’s not the delay in the service I’m complaining about. It’s the lack of customer service. Being ignored and lied to. I couldn’t care less about the delay if I’d been told the truth and not lied to for weeks.

Is there any way I can send you the screenshots of the text exchanges between myself and the sales rep? It’s this that I’m complaining about and you’ll see what I mean. I was hoping for a gesture of good will from virgin for the complete lack of customer service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We wouldn't offer compensation but I'll happily feed it back regarding the sales rep. This would be dealt with internally due to colleague confidentialty

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos