Menu
Ajfraser
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Avoiding cancellation fee

• After being with virgin for a few years, the last 6 months has been atrocious! I am cancelling my contract with them. How do I put it to them that if they send me a cancellation fee of the rest of my contract bill that I will take them to court and report them to trading standards as I did not get the services I was paying for? I've called atleast once a week and it hasn't been fixed. And spent weeks on live chat trying to speak to someone 
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Avoiding cancellation fee

Hi there @Ajfraser

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've had some issue with us over the last 6 months without resolution and you have decided that you wish to leave us. 

If you are in contract and decide to leave whilst still in it, Early Disconnection Fee's will apply. This is part of the T&C you agree to when signing up for our services and by taking out a contract with us. 

However, if you have reported issues to us and we have been unable to resolve them or  your complaint via mutual agreement, you may be offered a resolution to leave without charge. We are also part of the OFCOM speed agreement. This means that if you're having issues with your broadband speed and do not receive the guaranteed minimum speed over a set period of time, you may be free to leave without charge. You can read more about that here: Broadband Speed Explained

What issues have you been having over the last 6 months and have you reported them to us so we can work towards a resolution? Please feel free to pop back and let us know what issues you're having and we'll be more than happy to assist you; I have located your account from your forum information but there is nothing showing regarding long term issues. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos