Menu
HGP
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Authorising a second account holder (broadband)

Hello,

I am disabled and need to authorise my partner as a second account holder so he can contact and make decisions on my behalf when I am unable to.

I can't seem to find this option anywhere when logged onto my account and did a search on FAQ & community but maybe I didn't use the correct search terms for it to come up.  

I am fairly sure this used to be something I could do with virgin

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1d297b0ebcccf3e65c1418080b18a1022a870525
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Authorising a second account holder (broadband)

you can't have 2 account holders. But someone with the CS password should be able to do most things with CS. i think the only thing they can't do is cancel the account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi HGP, thanks for the message, there can only be one account holder on the account as the credit check is done in that name. However if the password is know to you then we will be able to do most actions on the account. If you wish to do account holder only actions, can you confirm if you have the power of attorney? Chris

HGP
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both sound like it shouldn't be an issue then unless billing/cancellation related.  

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/1d297b0ebcccf3e65c1418080b18a1022a870525
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us

Yeah there are certain things that only an account holder can do, however for most interactions it's fine as long as security can be cleared

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos