Menu
Togs91
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Armed Forces Covenant

Hi there,

Last year i moved base port, and requested to cancel my account. As a serving member of the armed forces, this would cost me no charge.

Fast forward to now, and my account has still to be cancelled, reason being my email address is my own and not works.

Firstly, I was never informed that it was not cancelled, and during my first phonecall last year I was told exclusively that it had been, which is wrong.

Secondly, the fact that you are determining if someone is a serving member of the armed forces by their email address is wrong. 

1) Not all members of HM Forces have a work email address, depending on the jobs/drafts they do.

2) Some MOD emails do not include your name, in fact the previous one i had onboard my vessel (which you are give  during certain drafts but cannot take with you) did not.

In this scenario i could phone to cancel a contract for free, supply a friends email address and get away with it that way.

I would suggest working closely with HM Forces in a way where you can ask for a service number which they can either confirm or deny if that person is still currently serving/or entitled under the covenant.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Armed Forces Covenant

Sounds like a pickle, @ModTeam @Kaz_A 

Anyone about for some assistance on this one?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Armed Forces Covenant

Hi Togs91,

I have sent you a PM.

Thanks