Menu
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appalling Customer Care Services.

I phoned to renegotiate a new Contract, the abrupt male Geordie that answered the call made me a terrible offer, I asked for him to reconsider, he said "that's all I can offer you, bye" and put the phone down, I must have been on the phone under a minute, please can someone tell me what has happened to Virgin Customer Care in recent years, I've been with Virgin since 2007 and I'm dumbfounded by what's just happened, once my present contract ends I'll be looking at what's on offer elsewhere, surely this awful Existing Customer Service cannot carry on in it's present format. ps I'm paying £101 a Month for my Services so I would consider myself a valued customer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Customer Care Services.

....but you’re only six months into your existing contract. Are you really expecting to be offered a better deal than the good one you’re probably already on?

PS Retentions are presumably very busy with people who are near or at the end of their contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What I'm expecting is to be talked to in a civilised manner, and yes as I'm only on a 12 Month Contract and with less than 6 Months left I would have thought it would have been in both parties interests to negotiate a suitable new 18 Month Contract which are now the Minimum term, so I as the Customer would be happy and Virgin would have me under Contract for a further 12 Months on top of what's left of my current contract. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My understanding is that if you want to renegotiate your contract early - especially if you want to change/downgrade your package  - you could well be liable for paying a penalty. After all, a contract is a contract.

I agree you have had what appears to be rotten customer service/ response and a polite explanation should have been the least to expect as a customer. Even so, I wouldn’t expect to much at this stage.

0 Kudos