Menu
obanite89
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Anyone else in the same boat.

Recently got an email from here email@em.virginmedia.com, can anyone tell me if this is legit it says this. "Your 12 months of Amazon Prime on us, worth £79 a year, has landed" and gives me a code that has already been redeemed btw. What I just found out today when taking out my new contract in November that it says on my contract that i have 12 months of prime. I had already phoned about it and was told it was a scam and to ignore it but my contract says I have it. Very strange indeed. Also has anybody else's contract gone up, i am only two months into a new 18 month contract that i was informed that if i cancelled sky and stayed with Virgin the price would be locked for the term ,now they want another £4.50 a month .I feel as if VM are taking me for a ride.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Anyone else in the same boat.

If your price is going up then you can call up to cancel VM and be a new customer at sky again if you so wish
0 Kudos
obanite89
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yeah they told me I could cancel but I have only just started an 18 month contract and took them at their word that it wouldn't go up. I actually wanted a longer contract when she said the price would stay the same for the duration I just thought great I could forget about it for a while. Also the Amazon Prime thing I have since seen a lot of people have had the same problem, why do they do these things obviously they get found out on places like these.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Obanite89, 

Really sorry you've been having some issues with your account. 

We can certainly look into the Amazon Prime issue from here, I can pop you a personal message to do this. 

In regards to the package and price, I'm afraid we can't do that from here and you would need to speak to us on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

I'll pop you a personal message now and we'll take it from there. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
obanite89
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have replied to your pm, thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
GeeandG
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi obanite89

Yes, I am in the exact same boat!

Did VM resolve this for you?

Would be great if they could contact me!!

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi GeeandG

Thanks for posting. 

If you do post your own thread, we can assist further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
obanite89
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma_C helped me with the Prime stuff and was very helpful but i had to phone about the price rise which ended up being an absolute wind up.I have been trying to get through for days and finally made it today for a woman called Luie tell me she will put me though to an automated system that would take off the price rise because she cant unless i call the last week in February . The automated message she put me on to asked for the customer number and area code then asked me how much" I wanted to pay and with what card"!!!!! Absolute wind up merchants ,phoned again someone answers but dosent speak, dog barking in the background and another just hung up right away after "Hello". I give up I am off just dont need the grief right now.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

My apologies obanite89

We don't deal with package changes here, however you can also text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
obanite89
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I didn't want to change anything just what I was promised its VM thats doing the changing. 2 months into an 18 month contract and hiking the price right up after promising me it was capped .Feel like a mug for believing it TBH.

0 Kudos