cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other way to negotiate new contract other than phoning?

ajo
Tuning in

I look after my parents account, none of us can really spend hours on the phone. Parents hard of hearing and understanding exactly what upgrades mean, and for me it will just take too long. Is there no other way?

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ajo wrote:

I look after my parents account, none of us can really spend hours on the phone. Parents hard of hearing and understanding exactly what upgrades mean, and for me it will just take too long. Is there no other way?

WhatsApp or text as per info at message #2 below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/How-to-cancel/m-p/5289395

These routes are also likely to be slow and tedious to accomplish anything

By phone it is usually recommended to phone in at 08:00 when the lines first open for the best chance of least delay and a UK agent. Go via the 'thinking of leaving us' route.

Keenzo
Up to speed

Dial 150 from your home phone line, options 1,1,1,4,4 for thinking of leaving.

call between 8-9 am and you should get straight through to the uk call center and they should help

Good Luck

The contact ends in October, this is with discounts which will also end then, but the price rise will still happen in May.  Is there a best thing to do here? Wait until the end of the contact to get a new one, or is there any disadvantage in trying to get a reduced price from now?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@ajo wrote:

The contact ends in October, this is with discounts which will also end then, but the price rise will still happen in May.  Is there a best thing to do here? Wait until the end of the contact to get a new one, or is there any disadvantage in trying to get a reduced price from now?

No one can really answer your questions directly as the answers will be highly dependent on your (or your parents', if you are asking for them) circumstances.

This is the last time customers can leave during a price rise with no early disconnection fees and before VM's 2024 changes of inflation-linked price rises.

You'll have to do some sums and work out if you are better off staying and waiting out your minimum term to October (with your discounts before leaving) or whether to leave now, under the price-rise get-out, and find new services elsewhere with a new supplier.