Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Another day another problem

Yesterday I called & asked to be put through to disconnections. I was offered a broadband upgrade, 12 month contract for £37 & was told I would receive an email with confirmation. I provided my email address & was told it would come through in the next few minutes. Over 24 hours later I have received nothing. I contacted virgin - they patronised me about checking spam (duh) & said it should be available via the online account - it is not. This afternoon I messaged the person on here who helped me to get the compensation to check that Virgin have my correct email but have had no reponse from her.

I am sick of this. I WANT CONFIRMATION OF THE NEW CONTRACT! Please can someone assist with this.

Why is it every time they say they're going to confirm something by email IT NEVER COMES THROUGH? I mean, I was told twice I would get compensation for the phone line being down in December, then I am told by two other people I am not eligible for it- no apology or gesture of goodwill just TOUGH! Then I am told it should've been £40 & it gets put on my account! Can you see why I am so concerned that this promise of a new contract might have just been to stop me cancelling? When you read social media & review sites it really doesn't help the paranoia.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another day another problem

Still waiting for the email. Have provided another email address. No other company takes this long to send an email - I do not understand what the problem is. Why isn't the contract showing on my online account?

I think it is extremely bad practice to verbally agree a contract with a limited cooling off period then delay the sending of that contract. I appreciate I keep being told the email has been sent & confirmed the email address is correct but what I don't understand is- if this is true why it hasn't arrived? Why do virgin emails take "up to 24 hours"? No other company I have ever dealt with do this.

If I were to cancel after the 14 day period would I be charged? If so, shouldn't the 14 days be extended if I haven't even received the FULL information about the contract?

Why is everything with virgin such stress & effort to resolve? I call & deal with rude people who tell me one thing then disconnect the call, I PM with agents on here who contradict the people on the phone, I text & get no response whatsoever, I live chat (when it is available) & have all sorts of promises made then broken (with no way to email the conversation to myself all of a sudden), I tweet & get patronised because they don't read the tweet fully then get told to call when I have already explained why I can't call. Round & round it goes. I have no faith that virgin media can resolve even the simplest of problems in an easy straightforward manner.

So yeah, the obvious answer is to quit altogether but then I see the bad reviews of people who tried to cancel only to be charged crazy fees or given a new contract they didn't want or ask for and since every interaction with virgin media customer service is a joke I don't think I could take the stress & headache of dealing with them again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another day another problem

VM's customer service seems to be in absolute disarray. The service is great when it works (most of the time, thankfully) but the customer service is by far the worst I have ever encountered. The latest Ofcom report shows VM attracting an above average number of complaints in every sector (TV, Broadband, Landline and Mobile).

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0016/190150/telecoms-pay-tv-complaints-q3-2019.pdf

You may want to share your experience at https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring as although Ofcom won't intervene in individual cases, they do keep a record of complaints for their quarterly complaint figures.