Menu
bazza08
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another customer here who received the price increase email

Another customer here who received the price increase email. 

My contract ends on September 8, 2021

the price of your package will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March.

The email I received however also says "you can change or cancel your package at any time before the date stated on your email or letter, without paying any cancellation fees."

Does this mean I can cancel my current contract before the end date without early exit fee if I want to switch ISP?

Regards

Disgusting service phoned twice on 150 on different days, on hold for over an hour then just disconnected, to day 150 constantly engaged tone Grrr

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another customer here who received the price increase email

Yes you can leave and take up a new customer offer with another ISP

bazza08
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi bazza08,

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year.

We have a great range of offers available to existing customers, if you would like to look at what we can do for you please contact us and a member of our team will be able to make sure we get you everything you need.

We cannot deal with package changes here from the forums sadly, however if you contact the team via SMS on 0753 305 1809 they'll gladly look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
bazza08
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beth, thank you for your reply, I did contact virgin but they were not willing to give me the package I was looking for (on there website there is a deal for M100 Fiber for £26.99 for 18 Months) so it was with regret after being with Virgin for many years I had to cancel my virgin media, my wife also has a mobile account with Virgin, so Virgin Media will lose her account too when her contract comes to an end! I am sorry to leave as I said we have been with Virgin for many years and most of that time was trouble free. But if Virgin Media are willing to lose over £50 a month then so be it.

Thanks

Barry

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am really sorry to hear that it has come to leaving in the end @bazza08 .

I hope we see you as a customer again some day and wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Regards

Lee_R