Menu
steveml
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Amazon gift card not received

Hi,

I had Virgin fibre installed 20/07/2020 and despite many previous requests have still not received the £75 Amazon gift card (service ordered via the broadband choices website) which was promised within 4 weeks of installation. I eventually raised a complaint with the Sunderland complaints department (Complaint Ref ID: COM104250573) who replied with an apology on the 25th September, assuring me that a member of the complaints department would take ownership of this issue.

As per the usual pattern, no resolution or contact has ever been received.

I am truly disaapointed with the lack of after-sales service offered by Virgin Media. This gift card offer seems to be a common complaint, and it is grossly unfair to attract customers using this method if many are then left tied to a contract that is not being fully honoured by Virgin Media. I aprreciate that this offer is made via a third-party website, however this does not indemnify Virgin Media of any liability. Please advise when I can expect to receive my gift card as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Steve.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Amazon gift card not received

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry you've not received your Amazon voucher, as this has been done through a third party website it's not something we can chase.

On the website it does state 120 after your order you will receive an email with the voucher code in it. 

Can you confirm if you've checked your inbox and spam folder?

Alex_rm

0 Kudos
steveml
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Yes, I've checked for this regularly in all mailbox folders. Nothing has been received.

I suspect they've changed the 'waiting days' to 120 days some time after I placed my original order, as the small print certainly mentioned 28 days at the time of ordering.

I've waited this long, so I guess waiting 120 days until 17th November is probably quicker than contesting the original description of the offer with the 3rd party website. I really hope that Virgin Media can in future exercise firmer control over offers issued to new customers via 3rd party websites, as this really does look bad on the part of VM, and makes me very reluctant to recommend the service to friends and family. 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry for any confusion and that this wasn't clear Steve,

Please keep us posted with how you get on with this, and we can certainly pass your feedback along 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Sabina36
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi I haven’t received Amazon gift card also! 
Order ref: WS7050535

I have ordered it straight from your website!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sabina36,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't received your Amazon gift card, when was it you joined us, did you receive a confirmation email showing the offer?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Sabina36
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I don’t remember now it was in August- I have spoken with someone over the chat from virgin and the lady said she has a deal and the contact coming with £75 Amazon gift card.... 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sabina36, can you confirm if this has been resolved via chat? Was this done through us or a 3rd party website like Uswitch? Chris 

0 Kudos
Sabina36
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Through the chat in your website 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that, I will send you a private message so that we can look at the account and see that has happened. Chris 

0 Kudos