Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Am I paying too much for Full House Bundle? Penalised for loyalty?

I'm seeing offers for around £50 online for this, however as a loyal customer I'm paying £80 for what is a pretty basic package? Am I paying too much?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Am I paying too much for Full House Bundle? Penalised for loyalty?

Hi there @hanleyfender

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post.

We're always happy to review your package with you; we can check your contract and bundle and look for any offers that may suit your needs and budget. 

You can give us a call on 150/03454541111 and our Customer Care team will be pleased to help you out. 

Why not also take a look in your online account for any deals that may already be available - virg.in/myVM

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I think the same. I have a “loyalty bonus” of £15 and am paying similar to you.

Sent them a complaint memo. outlining my grievances but to date have not had a reply.

Would phone but it takes too long to get through and the overseas call centre staff do not seem to be able to offer any solution when it comes to pricing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The equivalent bundle to the Full House bundle, which would be Maxit TV plus Kids channels plus 100Mb Broadband plus Talk weekend, has a standard price of £83 after any welcome discounts lapse.

That should be the starting point with Retentions when you seek a discount in return for a new minimum 12 month period. A loyalty discount of £15 off that is not unreasonable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Don’t know if you have sorted anything out but my contract expires in 30 days and I got competitive quotes from BT.

Phoned retentions and voiced my complaint that new customers were being offered better deals than long standing ones and were better off than me despite my £15 loyalty discount.

A very nice and polite gentleman informed me that I could have the new “oomph” package which had everything that the full house deal had plus a free 2 gigabytes sim with unlimited calls and texts.

This meant I could drop from a more anytime phone to evening and weekends saving £8 and an overall saving of £13. Net cost £58 pm down from £71 pm. 

My faith in VM has been restored, better than BT in money terms and the customer service I received yesterday was excellent.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'voiced my complaint that new customers were being offered better deals'

that is the way business works. you can complain all you like it won't change anything. the new customer business model is encouraged by the regulator and successive governments (both labour and conservative). it encourages competition.

customers on both the bt and sky forums complain about the same thing and say they will move to another provider ie virgin and then get a new customer deal.

a discount is all that is offered at best, not the new customer price which is usually run at a loss/break even or small margin profit.
0 Kudos