cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow partner access to speak to VM

Spiritlove
Tuning in

Hello,

I’ve been a virgin media customer for over 20 years now. I live with my fiancé and our son who’s disabled. My son and I spend a lot of time away from home at my parents and sisters for support etc so my partner is at home all the time using the internet and tv etc. when there’s an issue with virgin media or equipment etc they will only talk to me but it’s very difficult for me to be in the phone as most of my time is taken up with my sons care needs and I have to hang up mid conversation etc plus I can’t do anything with the equipment or what the issues are cause I’m not at home and would be far easier for my fiancé to deal with it instead as I’m away months at a time. 

I looked into your secondary account hoping that would solve my issue but see that there’s nothing you can do in the secondary account in regards to this issue. 

is there anyway I can let him have access to dealing with phone calls and issues with equipment etc ? Where I can give you permanent permission for him to contact and speak to you etc on phone or chat. Chat would be easier. That way I can be left to caring for my son and my fiancé can sort the virgin media issues out ?

thanks 

claire 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe that, if a caller is able to quote the account holder's name & password, then fault reporting is accessible.

Account & contractual changes need the contract holder's consent.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your helpful response. I believed this might be the case but need virgin media to confirm because I had read somewhere that you need virgin to organise it specially.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Spiritlove thanks for your post, although I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you've raised here.

As @japitts has said, you don't need to be the account holder to report a fault. Depending on the nature of the issue - if it's a total loss of service, sometimes security doesn't even need to be cleared due to the urgency of the problem.

However, if your partner knows your memorable word, this will allow them to get past the security checks and speak to us about most things. There are certain specific things they may not be able to do, such as change passwords and contact details on the account but anything fault related, should definitely not be an issue for them.

I hope this helps but if you need any further support here, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Many thanks

Tom_W