forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
emmacameron88
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

All I want to do is cancel my service !

I've been trying since the 5th June to cancel my service.

I moved house on the 10th July and no longer require my broadband service. I've tried phoning and following the correct trail to get to the right department - which then tells you no one is available and to try live chat. I've tried live chat over the last 2 months and get no where - I wait for hours with no response and when I do finally get any sort of response they say I'm not speaking to the right department and 'transfer me over' only to wait for hours again for no response.

At the end of my tether today after receiving a chaser for paying the bill. I cancelled my direct debit as I am no longer using the service and Virgin are not taking a single penny more from me. I phoned and followed instructions for 'new services' and low and behold I got through to a human being - only to be told they needed to transfer me and then they disconnected me. I phoned back again following the same instructions and screamed down the phone demanding someone sort my issue NOW - seemed to work - finally got through to someone that said they were going to cancel my service there and then. Took my details and then said they were putting me on hold to finalise it and unsurprisingly disconnected me yet again. They took my number beforehand and my email address in case of a disconnection - still waiting on that call back.....or for any sort of confirmation that the service is cancelled.

it's just laughable how bad this service is in all aspects ! the amount of people i see complaining - how is virgin still going ?!

I don't really understand why this is such a difficult thing ? You're no longer getting my money so why aren't you just cancelling it ?

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: All I want to do is cancel my service !

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Trying-to-cancel-my-TV-package/m-p/...

The reason they haven't cancelled is because as far as the company is concerned you're still in a contractual relationship, and you've defaulted on a payment.  So that unpaid bill is now (or soon will be) in the debt recovery process, which for you will be as much fun as the sausage making process is for hogs.  VM COULD have instituted clever comms and systems to adapt to the circumstances of Covid (as some other retailers have done), but chose not to, so I sympathise with your problems on being unable to contact them, but sympathy won't help you much.

If you're lucky the forum staff will step in and assist, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: All I want to do is cancel my service !

Hi emmacameron88,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to get through to us in order to cancel the account

I've sent you a private message just so I can get a few more details from you (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos