cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreed refund not received

nikndel
Joining in

I am due a refund for being charged for engineer set up and demo Virgin have agreed to this yet after my third bill I am still waiting for the refund I have emailed them but seem to have been blanked by this company looking for any advice how to get some action 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Raise a formal complaint with VM asking for them to settle the matter to your satisfaction in thirty days or to issue a deadlock letter in order that you can immediately take the matter further with the industry complaints scheme CISAS.  If you need to take the matter up with CISAS, ask for a resolution the refund of the charges in question and compensation for the inconvenience and poor handling of the complaint (and copy the complaint to Ofcom for good measure).

I'll flag this for staff, they'll try and sort the matter out without you having to get into formal complaints, if they can it will be quicker and easier, but complaint + escalation remains your nuclear option.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Raise a formal complaint with VM asking for them to settle the matter to your satisfaction in thirty days or to issue a deadlock letter in order that you can immediately take the matter further with the industry complaints scheme CISAS.  If you need to take the matter up with CISAS, ask for a resolution the refund of the charges in question and compensation for the inconvenience and poor handling of the complaint (and copy the complaint to Ofcom for good measure).

I'll flag this for staff, they'll try and sort the matter out without you having to get into formal complaints, if they can it will be quicker and easier, but complaint + escalation remains your nuclear option.

Thanks for that I have raised several complaints and have a reference number also call centre I spoke to said they raised another complaint emailed them several times with no answer it’s hard to proceed when they don’t reply I can see why their customer services are rated 1 star

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Then as soon as you reach eight weeks after any one of those complaints were submitted to VM, you can escalate to CISAS without a deadlock letter, regardless of whether VM reject the complaint, close it, lose it or fob it off.  VM's corporate approach is to fob off complaints, don't let them dump on you like that.  If there's several complaints, try and choose a more recent one that meets the eight week limit, because CISAS can then take into account VM's repeated failure to handle the matter properly with the preceding complaints.  I'd say do a quick summary to Ofcom as well, because VM could do with their dismal complaints performance being raised with the regulator, but they won't get directly involved in resolving your complaint, that's what CISAS will do.

As there's a history of previous complaints that have not been handled well, I wouldn't give VM a further chance - take it out of their hands, let CISAS resolve the matter.

Hi @nikndel,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this when chasing both your refund and your complaint. We can understand the frustration caused and want to best help.

I have sent you a private message so I can further look into this with you. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs