cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreed by phone to remove £2.50 increase NOT DONE

reddwarf4ever
Superfast

I phoned Virgin, an awful long wait.....and agreed a price for 18 months, was told it WOULD NOT INCREASE during this 18 months, but went up £2.50 in March

phoned Virgin again, another very long wait on hold, explained the situation and was told that the agreement made had been found and the £2.50 would be removed and the agreed 18month contract be honoured with no increases ......but I have heard nothing since and the account is still showing the extra £2.50......need some help please.......also the Virgin Rep insisted you have a live chat option, but I can’t find it anywhere 🤬😡😱

8 REPLIES 8

Cmccabe1983
On our wavelength

I managed to do it on the automated system but it caused me far more problems than it was worth! The £2.50 came off but so did my other discounts making my monthly price more than double! It’s now finally sorted but only after a shock bill 

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @reddwarf4ever

welcome to the forum community and very excited to have you on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues, but can I just ask, did you get any sort of confirmation that this £2.50 would be removed? Either via text or email? 

Did they say that within the next bill you will not be charged this amount? 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have spent hours on the phone on hold and a long time explaining this each time, the £2.50 discount was meant to start immediately the price rise happened in March 2021 I think, but the first £2.50 reduction was not made, several phone calls later, was told it would be deducted in the July bill, which of course it wasn’t……hope you can sort this thanks, camt sit on the phone for another hour on hold

Thanks for your post reddwarf4ever,

I'd be happy to look into this for you, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Of course I didn’t get any confirmation via text or email, are you joking ??? I never get anything from Virgin after discussing amd agreeing any discounts…….that’s the problem, which is why I have to make numerous calls to you to solve it……the £2.50 dates back to when it was first agreed to give me a rolling £2.50 discount, as I was promised there would be no increases during my contract, another promise broken amd had to be complained about……the first £2.50 reduction was not given, after numerous phone calls I was told it would be deducted from the July bill, but of course it wasn’t…….hate dealing with Virgin, so inefficient 

Virgin are perfect, until you need to change anything or agree a discount then it all goes wrong, they should send an email confirming the changes and allow you to reply to that email as it will most likely be wrong…….great company shocking support and customer service

Hi reddwarf4ever, 

Thanks for coming back and updating the thread. I can see you are speaking with David through Private Message so he will look into things from here and get back to you when he can. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Why don’t Virgin have a text or email response confirmation of what’s agreed on the phone, don’t get anything except a new contract, really not good enough