cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agents will not let me cancel contract within cooldown period

JHutton9
Just joined

I entered into a contract with virgin media for home fibre broadband as it recently became available in my area. I have tried to get in contact with the virgin media agents on their account support number which will not let me speak to an agent as my account for some reason is a "business account". I have no business account login details, no mention of this in any contract or email I have received.

Thinking this must be a mistake I have been trying to cancel this contract as I am still within the 14 day cooling off period but every time I contact an agent on the phone I am hung up on after saying my account number, transferred to an automated line which will not let me speak to anyone due to my "business account" and have spent hours trying to contact human agents through the whatsapp and online chat.

This seems like a complete scam and is completely in bad faith from Virgin, it is impossible to cancel the contract. When they turn up to try and install the fibre they won't even be able to as the building is listed and then I will be stuck with a cancellation fee due to their incompetence. Seems like a total scam on their end.

Is there any working method of cancelling your virgin media contract without the agents actively stopping you?

1 REPLY 1

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM Business is a separate company from VM for residential services. Which company does the documentation and sign-up info you have received refer to?

This forum only deals with residential services.