Menu
daveg1804
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After closing account

Spoiler
Hi there,

I unfortunately had to close my account after being with you for over 30 years due to financial difficulty.

I have sent back my equipment and I have not heard anything from virgin media regarding closing my direct debit with my bank or the refund I am due to my account left in credit. What should I do next. It all seems unprofessional and unguided for such a big company. Please can someone offer advice?
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: After closing account

The help page below explains the final billing process

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-last-bill

Topics on the forum regularly mention a period of upto 45 days to receive any final payment by cheque from VM.

There are also regular mentions on the forum about ends to contracts which were not concluded properly (either by VM or the customer). In some cases, VM have continued to charge against a closed DD, thus logging payment defaults against the former customer which the customer has known nothing about. Keeping the direct debit open and monitoring it might also be wise until such time you are fully satisfied that all dealings with VM have been totally concluded.

One of the VM forum team might be able to tell you something more specific to your account. They normally reply on here within a day or two.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @daveg1804

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here.

Sorry you felt like you had to leave us, I can appreciate this is not ideal, but I will pop you over a PM just to double check everything has been closed for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of the screen as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

oHi there, 

Just sending it now 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Sasha_W

Your private message has gone to public. Edit: Now removed.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @goslow, I had edited it so it wouldn't be public! Thanks for pointing it out! 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos