Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Advice about obligation

I am really disappointed with the honesty of Virgin Media Customer Services. I rang a few days ago to discuss re-contracting with Virgin but after my experience I am disillusioned because it was such a bad experience.

After escalating to Tier 2 retentions, I was promised a V6 box at no additional cost to replace my TIVO, 100Mb Broadband, Call Anytime and Mix TV for a set price for 18 months.

I asked if they could increase it to 200Mb Broadband for the same price and the Tier 2 said to give her a minute so she could talk to her manager. 40 minutes later I got connected to a customer services agent by accident because the other agent had ended the call and gone home leaving me on the line!!

Not happy I explained to the customer services agent what had happened but she made no promises because she was not working for retentions. She promised to ring me back the next day so she could review the call, discuss things with the retentions team and get back to me. So after 2 hours on the phone I was really annoyed and had made no progress.

Next day I got a call from the customer services agent who said she had listened to the call and that Virgin refused to honour the deal I had almost made with the retentions agent telling me that I would have to pay £35 for the V6 box and £12 extra per month for the other services I already have . This would put me back to what I am already paying. I mentioned that I would have to consider my position and she said that was fine and if I wanted to leave then that was up to me.

She also said she was going to ring me within an hour about the complaint I had made but lo and behold I didn't get a phone call and have tried to ring back on several occasions since but have given up after waiting for over 30 minutes on the phone each time I have rung.

I have been with Virgin Media for over 15 years and was looking to extend for another 2 years if the deal I was promised had been honoured but now I am really going to have to think hard about this.

I have had nothing but problems lately because my 100mb is currently delivering between 9 and 12mb download speed when tested using Ookla. Lies and more lies from customer services and no reward for my loyalty.

I am really shocked because I had a V6 box up until about 6 months ago but Virgin took it back because there was an audio synchronisation issue with my TV. I went out and bought a new TV only to be told that I now have to pay to have my V6 box back.

I would like some help on where I stand legally with regard to the promises I was made which were witnessed by 3 family members as my phone was on loudspeaker, the disgraceful treatment I have experienced and how do I get a copy of the phone conversation so I can send it to OffCom if necessary.

Hopefully someone from VM Customer Service will read this post and realise that treating long standing customers in such a manner is not the way to do business.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Advice about obligation

if you are not getting your contracted speeds now upgrading will not help you

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I understand that the fault would need to be fixed to resolve this issue.

They have to do this within 30 days of it being reported which it has, I have had one engineer visit where I got 100mbs for about 4 hours and then it went back to normal and I am waiting to hear back from them as part of the complaint procedure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

where do you get the 30 days from., There is no SLA on the service so there is no set fix times

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The lady from customer service told me that VM had 30 days to correct the fault under their t & c’s.

I don’t have a clue really, just really shocked at how badly I’ve been treated as a so called ‘loyal’ customer hence the post.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

no such thing in the T&C.

see https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@apcyberax wrote:
no such thing in the T&C.

see https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services

Might be this 

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/virgin-media-speed-policy

What does the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed mean?

If the actual download speed provided from our network to your Virgin Media Hub falls below the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed, and this happens for 3 consecutive days or more (whether continuously or intermittently during each day), and we are unable to fix the problem within 30 days of you reporting the problem to us, you may have the right to end your agreement without paying an Early Disconnection Fee. You need to contact us if you have a speed problem via the contact us page (click here).

How do I end my agreement?

Section N of the Terms and Conditions (click here) explains generally how you can end your agreement. If we do not provide the Minimum Guaranteed Download Speed as set out above (i.e. we have not remedied the speed problem within 30 days of your notifying us or we cannot address the problem) then we will offer you the opportunity to end your agreement immediately, without the payment of an Early Disconnection Fee. In exceptional circumstances (for example where you cancel engineer visits or miss appointments) we may extend the 30 days but we will always discuss this with you beforehand.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Maybe where the 30 days came from.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes that’s what the lady quoted me on line.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I thought someone with some balls at VM would have read my post and had the decency to put me on the right track to resolving my issues.

as usual no decency exists and Martin Lewis was right about the customer service...🐓🐓

the forum is probably the wrong medium to air my dirty washing but I live in hope.

0 Kudos