Menu
peterob
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Adjudication

Hi,

Can anyone from VirginMedia that moderates please tell me what to do.

I asked to have my services disconnected while in contract and without paying the charges for leaving early(there was a previous agreement allowing this which Virgin reneged on)and this then went to CISAS and was again agreed by Virgin via the Adjudicator. Since mid September after going to Adjudication nothing has happened. Up until September my account was cleared and settled but I'm still getting bills, plus I have just received a letter from Virgin's debt collector.

I have not used the services since September and disconnected my router at home. 

Should I pay this and then take Virgin to court? 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adjudication

Hello

Go back to the Adjudication service as they can chase this up for you, on you case with them.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
peterob
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried that and even opened another case to prompt Virgin. But that one was thrown out as the case had already been dealt with.

I've spent many hours on the phone trying to get through to the correct department. It seems Virgin's dispute resolutions are harder to contact than MI5.

I have also been waiting for them to disconnect through non-payment. But that hasn't happened either.  

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @peterob

I am sorry that there have been some issues with your disconnection request and Early Disconnection Fee's - so much so that this was logged as a complaint. I was sorry to understand that we were unable to reach a mutual resolution and you took your complaint to CISAS

As the complaint is with them, you would need to contact your CISAS case handler directly - we would not be able to liaise with you about this once it gets to this stage I'm afraid. This is why the new case you attempted to open was closed as we have already dealt with the matter and provided a resolution. 

If you do still wish to disconnect, please chat with our Retentions team directly. They will not be able to discuss your CISAS complaint but they can book your disconnection. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
peterob
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thank you for picking up on this. I have tried many times since June to get this account disconnected and on each occasion they have said I will need to pay Early disconnection fee. Even when I complained I got a similar response, hence getting CISAS involved. And again it seems Virgin have still not adhered to the adjudicators decision.

It just seems to drag on!
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If that is the case where CISAS agreed to waive the Early Disconnection Fee;s then they should contact us directly to advise of their decision. This is handled by a dedicated CISAS liaison team. You will need to chat with your case handler from CISAS so they can contact us again and get this chased for you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
peterob
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,
It isn't CISAS that agreed to release me from my contract. It was your Saira Mansha from Virgin Media's ADR'S Dispute resolutions that agreed to have my services disconnected and early leaving fees waived.

I did go back to CISAS last week and the were contacting this person but so far No response. I have also now received an email stating my contract will be renewed on the 6th. This I hope hasn't gone ahead as I am waiting for Disconnection through Non-Payment.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry @peterob but if your case is with CISAS and the ADR team, you would need to chat with your case handler directly; we can't get involved any further once it is with them - I can only apologise. 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos