cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Netflix

Barry_P
Tuning in

I have just tried to set up Netflix on my tv and initially went through the virgin netflix app. I got to the point about payment and it said that it would be paid through my Virgin account. I did not want to do this so dropped out of that and went through my smart tv and set up payment from my bank account. Everything fine but when I went back to the Virgin app I was able to access Netflix so I am concerned that I may have created two accounts. Is there any way that I can check if this is the case or not?

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Barry_P 

You can check this by opening a browser window and going to

https://www.netflix.com/YourAccount 

Sign in with the details you used on your smart TV. 

Under the Membership & Billing section you should be able to see a message, "Billed through Virgin Media package" or similair if the billing has been set up through VM

On that same page, under the section Security & Privacy,  click on Manage access and devices which will open the following page  

https://www.netflix.com/manageaccountaccess 

This page will show all the devices you have access to under that email address (providing you have previously signed into them). You can also use that page to sign out of specific devices. If the Virgin box (Liberty Global Set-top box) is listed you can stop worrying.

===================

If your VM box wasn't listed then sign into netflix on your VM box and click left and then scroll down to the bottom and notifications. When you see the notifications icon is highlighted move to the right so that Get help is highlighted  and then click on OK on your 360 remote.

This brings up a screen showing your account email.  Is that the same email address for the account you created on your smart TV or is a different one?

If it's the right one you've nothing to worry about. If it's a different one you can sign out of it on that screen. Make a note of the email address first though, then it might be easier to contact Netflix and explain what's happened.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thankyou for the very useful information and the links to where I could check information on my account.

On the smart tv Netflix account it only gave the bank details for the account that I set up there. When I went to the Virgin Netflix app and checked the details it gave a different email address, very similar to mine so assume a typing mistake, and a billing through my Virgin Media account even though I thought that I had come out of the joining process before authorising payment details.

I have now cancelled that account and assume that I will not be billed for that but again do not know how I can check that or who to contact if necessary. If you could give me some more advice I would be extremely grateful.

Kind regards, Barry

Hi Barry, 

Good to hear you've been able to get in touch with Netflix to cancel things. If you do have nay issues moving forward. notice any charges on your bill please let us know, and we can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

Thanks Alex,

I cancelled the account that had appeared on the Virgin Netflix app through that that app, I have not actually been in touch with Netflix. I have checked my latest bill on My Virgin Media and the cost has appeared there but not for my next bill. Will I be charged for this in the October bill because as far as I am aware I did not actually authorise the payment via my Virgin account. Any assistance in clarifying this matter would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Barry 

Thanks for getting back to us Barry,

So I can get a few more details from you I've popped you over a private message so I can take a closer look.

Alex_Rm

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Barry_P 👋🏼.

Thank you ever so much for joining me on private message 😊.

Please remember with Netflix we can not cancel or make an account you will have to contact Netflix as we have discussed.

If you need to reach out to us know we are one post away!

You can also contact us on:

Telephone ☎ - 0345 454 1111.

WhatsApp text - +447305 327 112.

You can also reach out to us on here.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide