Menu
Lord_Bob
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Added Booster - Contract Unexpectedly Extended

Hi,

I started an 18 month contract at £25 per month in March 2020 when I moved home. After a few months of patchy wifi (due to the size of the house and position of the router), in August that year I decided to add a wifi booster at what was agreed to be £3 per month. So I expect to now be paying £28 per month for the duration of the 18 month contract. 

I'm now expecting to be coming up towards the end of my contract and so am shopping around for new deals. However, when I review my contract details I find that my contract has been unexpectedly extended by 5 months (i.e. it is now 18 months from when I added the booster). What is worse, I also find that price will go up to £52 from September, so for 5 months I will be paying nearly double what I signed up for.

I did not expect the contract duration to increase simply by adding this booster, and I certainly did not agree to an additional increase in price over and above the £3 per month advertised cost for the booster. 

This seems a bit shady to me, and it doesn't feel completely legal.

Has anyone else experienced unexpected/unagreed contract changes like this? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks,

Bob

0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Added Booster - Contract Unexpectedly Extended

Hi @Lord_Bob,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear this. I will need to pop you a PM so we can pass security and discuss this further. 

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lord_Bob
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ayisha has been very helpful and clarified some erroneous/misleading information in the paperwork sent through when I ordered the booster. This indicated that there were still 18 months left on my contract, which has now been confirmed is not the case and my original contract date still stands.

Thanks,

Bob

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread Bob 🙂

It's been my pleasure, happy I was able to help clarify things for you. 

Don't hesitate to pop back on the Forums should you have any other issues. 

Take care.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos