Menu
dzonidis
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Activation fee and deposit

Hello,

my first VM bill arrived and there is an activation fee of 35GBP in addition to the first 2 months' fees. I was not told about this fee while I was setting up my connection and it is not mentioned anywhere in my contract, so I wanted to make sure it is part of my package.

Also, when I set up my connection I was asked to pay a deposit of 25GBP, which I cannot find as part of the deal anywhere in my contract or elsewhere on the VM website. Where can I find more details about this deposit?

Kind regards,

Dimitrios

0 Kudos
Snowy1969
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation fee and deposit

Hi,  I am a new customer and I received an email from VM on 30th Jan 2021 straight after agreeing my B.Band, TV & Landline telephone package on the VM website.  The email stated that cost of the package and also stated that the activation fee was FREE, but worth £35.  Then when my contract arrived it included an activation charge of £35.  I have been trying for 10 days to make contact with VM to clarify the costs before they finalise my first bill.

Did you receive a similar email straight after agreeing your package?

Kind regards

Stuart

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello dzonidis

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forum in regards to your recent order and the issues around the activation fee. We appreciate you raising this and welcome to the community.

If you still have your original contract, this will advise of the deal taken and should include any credit's. On all contracts and activation fee is applicable but in instances where it was agreed at the point of sale that this would be waived that too will also be noted.

Can you check over this documentation to see if this is present please?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
dzonidis
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Rob,

I have checked my contract and there is no mention of an activation fee anywhere in the document.

If it is an option, I can forward it to you so that you can have a look as well, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Dimitrios

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming, did you request this over paper billing? 

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos