Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Activation fee and Manned Installation fee on first bill

I have just recieved my first bill with the above items on, totalling £65.00.

I was informed on signing with Virgin that installation would be free- so should I be charged these items?

Also I was told that a Direct Debit would be set up to pay Virgin- This has not been actioned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation fee and Manned Installation fee on first bill

Thanks for getting in touch jc13.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been given what you were promised, when you signed up. Would you be able to give some account details via a private message and I can look into your account further? I will send over a private message in the next few moments, please respond to this and I can then look into your account further.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I too have been lied to ,so it appears!

I call on the 11th dec explaining i was moving and wasnt sure when i'll be fully moved in.

The lady on the phone said...if you join now for the m100 the offer will be £28 a month broadband only for 12 months then £42 a month

Plus...the virgin media adviser stated, "on the 20th when you collect the hub from collect+ (i havent even activated it ..and not even connected to new home yet)you will have no activation fees to pay , so best to enact the contract now and this offer will stop soon"

I now(after a very busy week) get chance to look at the bill and contract, and low and behold....youre charging me £35 activation fee.....ive clearly been mislead and totally and utterly lied to.

Factor in...that ive been a customer since nltworld days....and only finishefd my contract with virgin media earlier this year..due to the fact i was moving from that property due to a separation.And i told virgin at that time...when i finally know where im moving to...i'll open another contract with you...Ive been a customer with virgin media..since you began(minus one year when i tried sky)

and you treat me like this?...xmas time..now single....low income due to health reasons....a 15+yrs customer and totally told if i buy now...i wont be charged activation fee...Ive even seen online (virgins website) that m100 boradband only is free activation fee..

so whats going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi fipple, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear as to what has happened here. I will send you a private message so that we can look into this. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos