Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Activation Fee

Hi. New to Virgin Media and have received my first bill. Activation fee has been applied even though i was advised this would not be charged if i opted for a "self install". Self install was rearranged and completed on the 21st May 2020. Any advice from anybody on who i can contact about having this removed?

Have tried phoning and going round in circles on the "help" section of the Virgin Media website! I presume i`m still in the contract cooling off period which starts from the day of install? Thanks Emma.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Activation Fee

Hi Emma, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your first post 🙂
We still charge activation fees as we activate the equipment. 

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I understand that activation fee is chargeable on the package that I am contracted for.

I have been told by Virgin that fee would be waived if I helped minimise the risk of spreading Covid19 by opting for a self install and not having an engineer call round.

I feel like I've tried to be helpful to everybody with the self install and it's very misleading to then charge an activation fee to a premises that was already supplied by Virgin. 

I need a contact number to resolve this please, could you help?

Thank you for your advice and time, Emma. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just phone up and let them know you had been mislead.   I have had to do this in the past.  If told nope then ask for it to be escalated.   Your get it back I did 

0 Kudos