Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Activation Charge

Hi, 

just installing my equipment and set up online account. Was checking out billing and noticed there is a £35 charge when my offer was for activation to be free. How do I resolve this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Activation Charge

These "didn't get the deal I agreed" situations happen from time to time.  However, your legal rights are crystal clear - information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was promised, whether they like it or not.  

Hopefully the forum staff can pick this up and get it sorted - that will be the easiest and quickest resolution for both parties. Sometimes takes a day or three for them to respond, depending on workloads.  If they can't get it sorted, you need to search, read and follow the Virgin Media Complaints Code of Practice.  Don't start a complaint until you've seen if the forum staff can get this sorted, because I believe they can't get involved once it has become a formal complaint. 

If you do end up making a formal complaint and VM don't sort it out to your satisfaction within eight weeks, you have escalation options to the arbitration scheme CISAS, but worry about that if the problem gets that far - the forum staff usually manage to put things right.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Newbie20

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of this dispute over the activation. Normally an activation fee is standard across the board however if you have documentation for this being free, we'll gladly look into it

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have email confirmation of the activation being offered for free. Who do I send it to? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I hope this will be replied to quickly, but the forum team's workload is very high at the moment, so if there's a delay don't worry if it looks like you're being ignored, they will get round to it, can take a few days at the moment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Newbie20, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear an agreement has not been honoured.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos