Menu
andyc122
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Accounts

Hi i recently moved out of my partners with whom we shared an account with virgin. now we both have separate accounts but when we try to log in it takes us both to our old account which says you are no longer with virgin media. and as i write she can`t send email`s because it keeps saying you need to enter your password which she has loads of times. Please help.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accounts

Hi andyc122,

Welcome to the Community Forums! We're truly sorry for our delayed reply.

Can you please confirm who's name the account was in when you were both at the same property? If the account was under your name, did you complete a home move of your services to another address, or did you set up a brand new account?

If you decided to move the same package you had to another address, you would be given a new account number, and so you'd need to register for My Virgin Media again. Have either of you received a welcome pack with new account details?

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
andyc122
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi beth 

I moved out of my shared house with the  account in my name  on 27 sept 2020 and was told we had to both have a separate account and couldn`t take mine with me. So we both started again with separate accounts and since then every time i try to log in it takes me to my old account and rightfully says i am not with Virgin anymore but i can`t find anywhere to change my account no so it logs me into my new account. I don`t recall getting a welcome pack but i do have a new account number. And so doe`s my partner.

yours andyc122

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andy, 

I am sorry for any confusion, as you have moved and the account is associated with the address and not the person this will change, if the account was in your name we can bring any associated emails over to your account, in regards to online account this will need to be set up again with the new account number and initially with a different email not associated to a previous account, once set up you can go into my preferences and change it back to the preferred email address.

Regards

Paul..

0 Kudos