Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Account transfer

Recently tried to transfer my son’s account into my name - have received account info letter from VM, but cannot register using my own email address. Account still seems to be accessible using my son’s email details.

So frustrated with VM that I’m now thinking of just leaving, as I haven’t signed the contract and the monthly charge quoted in £83, which is substantially more than a new customer would be charged - advice welcome!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account transfer

Thanks for the post Ratcatchermike.

Can we please confirm if you've been in touch with the team regarding this since your post? 

Let us know.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How exactly when you don’t answer the phone but just leave people waiting for ages on hold?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi RatcatcherMike,

Thank you for reaching back out , as you have now put the account in your name the account number would have changed by one digit, when you are trying to set up an online account are you using the smae email address which has been used on a previous account?

If you are I advise using a different one for set up and then once active you can change it in my preferences and use the proffered one, you can click on set up a virgin media email while setting the account up.

In regards to the package price when you do a transfer this isn't a new deal you are just taking the account on in your name.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos