Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account transfer and billing issue

Hi,

The account holder for my household moved out unexpectedly without paying the bill, transferring the account, or even leaving any contact details (the landlord isn’t able to supply the latter). I’ve now been disconnected for non-payment. I don’t really know where to begin solving this; I’ve queried the text service too but I want to get this fixed ASAP so I thought I’d ask the community too.

Thanks,

Luke

Edit: I have the account number and area reference from some old post I found open while clearing out the kitchen drawer but obviously don’t have his password

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account transfer and billing issue

A VM person needs to help you out here - they should pick this up in due course.
But basically they need to set you up with a new account at the property.
I dont know how keen they will be to do this given that they already have had at least one defaulted at that address.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account transfer and billing issue

If you take over the account you’ll take on the debt and any previous account issues and history  

You're better off getting the connection disconnected and letting VM chase the previous tenant and you starting your own account with them. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi