Menu
natlawrence450
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Account transfer MESS

My partner and I have just had to take on another property so we decided to transfer his account in my name so he could take out a new contract at the other one. We rang up to discuss this and was told it was no problem and all I needed to do was fill on the form - easy.

Well today I received a new 18 month contract through the post at £124!! When I rang up the (very helpful) customer service agent told me this was standard practice and instead of the original contract transferring over a brand new one has been set up with NONE of the original deals. When I asked if the original deals could be put back on at least, we couldn't even get it to the same price without me dropping the broadband width, losing movies and the additional boxes.

I am absolutely flabbergasted to have been told this is the standard practice! I cant not apparently cancel without a £240 early termination fee yet I am expected to have signed a new contract which costs more money and if I want to get near the previous price and even keep a new 18mon contract we have to lose services? In all honesty it is utterly disgusting, no one explained this on the phone or we wouldn't have done the transfer. We are putting a formal complaint with times of the calls so these can be checked and logged. Having been with virgin for years it is such a shame the customer service has been so poor. Don't even get me started on the broadband issues after we moved to 350MB!!

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account transfer MESS

HI natlawrence450, thanks for the message and sorry to hear about the issue which you have had with the service and would love to look into this further for you. I will send a private message so that we can look into this further for you. ^Chris

0 Kudos