cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account renewal

ClarePhil7268
Joining in

My current 18 month broadband contract ends in September so went to renew on the Virgin media app on the 20th of July. Decided to upgrade from 250mbps to 362mbps

All seemed OK had the confirmation email and new contract setting out everything and confirmed it would be £36 per month. The new service was set to start on July 23rd

So July 23rd came and went and no new package added so on the 25th went to order again through the exact same process. This tome it worked and the new service was up and running within a day but now the monthly charge has shot up to £62.79 and no contract has been sent.

Upon emailing them I was told that they cannot find my original order (for £36) although I have the contract for it.

If this can't be sorted I will just have to cancel the contract (I believe I have 14 days cooling off period to cancel) they have stuck me with as I just can't afford it and Virgin media seem completely reluctant to honour the £36 a month original contract.

2 REPLIES 2

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ClarePhil7268,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your new package. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. To look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @ClarePhil7268 

Glad to have been able to help with this. Please let us know if you need any further help and we will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs