cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account not activated after activation date

Ncartledge
Joining in

My account is not activated, email and account number not recognised. Can anyone help before Monday as I need Internet for work. I've installed router but have been told Tuesday is when it will be setup as they need 24 hours.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ncartledge 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

It's all sorted our side - have you installed the equipment as per - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/installation - keep me posted

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ncartledge 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

It's all sorted our side - have you installed the equipment as per - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/installation - keep me posted

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes wire is fully connected to wall and router, power is on, light flashes red. When I called said it was activating line, wait an hour. When I got to speak to someone they were asking about my TV service and bills, however I don't have either as it was only installed today and I didn't take tv package out.

Hi @Ncartledge 

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see you have an engineer visit booked.

Please do let us know how the visit goes.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that may be caused in the meantime.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Can you cancel the visit, I managed to sort it. When I called I was told no one could activate the conection as they don't work weekends. When I called a second time there was an automated message that activated the line. I still had no conection after an hour so I called up and they told me an engineer was needed. 

I decided to look it the wall outlet coming into my house and noticed the power supply to it was not connected..... I screwed it in and hey presto, the router connected.

I'm now online. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ncartledge 

Thanks for your response

I have now cancelled the visit for you, thank you for letting us know and great to hear this is now sorted

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs