Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Account name confusion

I tried to sort this via the VM Digital 3 days ago, but have heard nothing since it said they'd transfer the query to a team member (11.47 on March 30).

I want to upgrade to a V6 box/M350 fibre broadband, Maxit tv, etc.

I went online on 21 March and ordered this. We want to move the router access point downstairs, so asked for an engineer to visit. 2 potential dates were selected - 30 March a.m. or 31 March a.m. I was emailed a summary confirming the order later that day.

On 29 March I got an email  from the VM Web Team saying the order had just arrived! Also, that  "...it looks like the Virgin Media account at your address is registered in someone else's name, so we'll need to speak to the account holder before we can add any extra services". 

I'm not sure what to make of this. Going online to check the account I can see my name everywhere.

I tried the contact number, but was cut off after 2 hours.

I don't understand this. I have been with VM for over 10 years and had the broadband since 2014. I pay by direct debit from my bank account each month. No-one else has ever paid for the account. The VM email was addressed to me. 

Clearly, I can't seem to make any changes until this is sorted, so any help to do that would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Account name confusion

Hello

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Account name confusion

Hi Mike. Thanks for that response.

BW

Ian

0 Kudos